It's New Year's Eve tomorrow and I couldn't be happier about it! It's been an eventful year but man am I glad it's over! After the unbearable coldness of last winter (it's been equally cold this winter as well), everything I had to deal with at school, after the summer job that stole all that was left of my social life and after the economical worries who can blame me?! I know life ain't fair but there's only too much one person can take...
I hate to complain so as an answer to your question: yes, there were good times, too! I travelled to the States in June to see my friends and we had a great time! The only down side was that eventually I had to come back home. But they were the best ten days of this year! Two weeks after that I got a friend from the States to visit me here in Finland, and those were another six best days! Talking about the USA, I also participated in the Greencard Lottery -maybe one day I'll actually get to move overseas! Hoping for the best; I'll get the results in May!
Then one of my best friends got married and even though I cried my eyes out I couldn't have been happier for her. I just hope one day I'll get to be the bride and not the bridesmaid :)
No matter how sucky I felt at times I always had my friends. This year has tought me a lot about friendship. I don't wanna seem like a walking cliché so I won't go into too much details. I just want all of you to be jealous of me for having the best friends in the whole world!
I think I did hit the bottom this year despite all the good things, but what's life without challenges? So bring it on, 2011, I'm ready! There's no way in h*ll it'll turn out worse than 2010. Just keep smiling, people :))
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment