July 25, 2011

Tears

The topic on everyone's mind now is Norway. Of course I am as shocked as the rest of the world and also -I gotta admit- a little scared. Norway is a neighboring country to Finland and having something that awful happen that close is just... terrifying. I went to a theme park yesterday and they had tightened the security there, too. They checked our bags and there were more security staff present than usually. Frankly I felt more unsafe than safe. I started thinking about how a theme park full of people would be a great target for some sick bastard...

The media's full of Norway but sadly, in a few weeks it's all forgotten. The news might pop up again at some point but in a month's time there are new stories to tell and what happened last Friday will be but a vague memory in everyone's mind except for the people who lost their loved ones. My heart and prayers go out to them. I cried today when I was reading about how everything happened and what made it more worse was that the amount of sorrow I felt was absolutely nothing compared to the one of devastated parents, sisters, brothers and friends of those who were killed.

When something like this happens I get the need to discuss it with everyone. It's a part of dealing with it even though it makes me anxious. But whatever makes you feel better in a time like this, make it happen. We never know what tomorrow might bring.

Thinking of you<3

1 comment:

  1. There are seriously some sick, disturbed, and just plain EVIL people in the world. Sadly though we are not really shocked when these sort of things occur considering how bad the times we're living in are. My heart definitely goes out to the victims' families as well. So sad.

    ReplyDelete