Hello ya'll :)
I am writing from Syracuse, New York! We started our road trip yesterday. Left from Manassas, Virginia, headed to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and today we went to Niagara Falls. OMG! So wonderful! We went on a boat ride on the legendary Maid of the Mist and when we got really close to the falls the announcement was: "Ladies and gentleman, THIS is Niagara Falls." You know how Ryan Seacrest always says "THIS is American Idol!"? That's how it was said on the boat and it was just so magnificent! Words aren't enough. I'll post pics later ;)
So we're happily in America, but coming here wasn't so easy. We flew to Frankfurt last Friday, and we were supposed to fly out to D.C on Saturday.. to make a long story short, we couldn't get into the flight and we were told our best chance was Amsterdam. So we rented a car and drove it from Frankfurt, Germany, to Amsterdam, Holland. We got a flight out on Monday, yay!
Tomorrow our road trip continues toward Vermont and New Hampshire :) Can't wait for those mable cyrup candies and breath-taking sceneries!
I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am to be here. When we were driving to Manassas, VA, from Washington Dulles Airport I thought to myself that I'll definitely move here some day. I noticed that coming here was no longer like coming on a vacay (though it really is), but it was more like coming home. Not in a bad oh-why-do-I-have-to-go-home-kinda way,but in a great way!! This is my home away from home and I come here every chance I get. I just hope some day it'll be the other way around -that I get to live here and go back to Finland once or twice a year ;)
More updates later! Love ya <3
Oh no, chica - did I loss you? Great post. Can't wait for the pictures. :-)
ReplyDelete