This is the best time of the year hands down. The trees still have leaves and they're multiple colored, the air is brisk and perfect. And when the sun is still just above the trees it looks like everything is on fire. I cherish these moments especially this year when it's been raining 6,5 days a week. Who wrecked my fall?!
A picture I took about a month ago while driving home (I know -don't use your cell and drive) So pretty! And then it rained.
Fall has always inspired me. I like it when it gets darker earlier and I can just curl up on the couch and read -and most importantly write. This fall has been a little different... I'm going around town from one store to another buying note books and pens, I'm keeping Microsoft Word open on my computer all the time and considering buying a new laptop no later than next year and I can't wait for my journalism course to start next month. In other words, I'm doing everything but writing. I'm running out of fresh ideas! I'm going over all the old ones in my head and my recent writing includes random scenes from whole stories I've been planning over the last few years. There's absolutely no harm in going through something you haven't worked on for a while, but I feel like I'm making all this room in my head for new ideas and they're just not coming... BLAAAAAAHHHHH!!!
So again: who wrecked my fall? The answer: I did. With too much expectations. My advice for myself: embrace the change and take the best of it. Yay. Easier said than done. But I'm working on it.
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment