October 22, 2011

Something to think about



When I come across something that moved me, touched me, inspired me and changed me, I can't shut up about it. That's why I'm now telling you about a book called The Help. It's about a young college-graduate living in Jackson, Mississippi, who decides to write a book from the point of view of the help. The book is set in the 1960's when such a topic was dangerous to bring up. The book is so wonderfully written in the point of view of the main character, Skeeter, and two African-American maids, Aibileen and Minny. It made me laugh and it made me cry. Most of all it made me so happy things have changed since then.

So if you want a new addition into your book shelf, go buy The Help. Or go get it from the nearest library. Just read it. After you're done let me know so I'll have someone to gush about it with!

No comments:

Post a Comment