September 29, 2011

...for reals?!

Something happened yesterday that I can't help but share... I already did -on Facebook- and in Finnish and this is for my English -speaking audience. Enjoy.

I got off from work at 10.30pm and drove all the way home, which is about 10 miles. When I parked my car I realized I had left my purse at work, and it held my wallet and the keys to my apartment, all I had was my phone. Great. There was no way to get them back anymore that night, I knew I would have to wait until the next morning. So I decided to go to my mom's and spend the night there. I drove for a few miles until it occurred to me that the two plastic bags containing my work shoes and uniform weren't in the car anymore. I had taken them out and placed them on the roof of my car while I was trying to decide what to do after figuring out about the purse. And I had just taken off... with the bags on the roof. So now they were probably lying somewhere on the road where anyone could just take them. Time for a quick U-turn. I made it as far as half a mile from my apartment when I ran out of gas. I'm so not joking. Luckily there was a bus stop (there's the silver lining...) so I could pull up there. And that was the final straw. I called my mom and started crying and asked her to pick me up. She of course said she'll be on her way and when we ended the call I got out of the car and started pacing toward my apt. I found the plastic bags in the middle of the road in front of the building I live in. All my stuff was safe. Then my mom picked me up and we went to get gas for my car. I went to sleep at midnight. Everything ended well.

But seriously, how much can go wrong in less than two hours?!! Forgetting my purse, driving off with the bags on the roof, running out of gas... come on! Please please PLEASE share your alike experiences with me so that I would know I'm not the only hopeless case in the Universe.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment