I am back in Finland, and hopefully back to regular blogging from now on as well. I am sorry for the lack of writing recently. Let's just say, that I'm not your regular woman who can handle multitasking just like that.
I arrived to Finland on Thursday... Well, Thursday or Friday. I landed around Midnight and I can't remember whether it was before or after. Anyways, I was 6-7 hours late, yay for that, and as I was landing, I did not feel any kind of fondness toward my homeland. The roads were white... And the snow blizzard hit the southern coast conveniently at the time of my arrival. What a welcome party for me, a person who hates winter -.-
The blizzard wasn't the reason I was late, though. Due to my flight schedule change from a non-stop flight from PDX to Amsterdam to PDX-Minneapolis-Amsterdam, I already had a longer return time, BUT, as it turned out, I was about to be traveling a bit longer still... To make a long story short, I got stuck in Minneapolis for 3 extra hours, because there was something wrong with our plane. They had another plane for us, and during the preparation of that one, Delta Airlines gave 50-dollar vouchers to all the passengers on that flight. I spent mine on a duty-free store, and headed for the purses (d'oh). All the handbags were a little out of my price range, but I did get myself something nice ;)
So... now my trip's over :( I cannot even describe how amazing these last three months have been. I truly lucked out with my job, host family and I made a lot of incredible new friends. I had a blast. Non-stop. I'm so so so very happy that I went. Thank you, Portland <3
I'm here, but not quite here yet, if you know what I mean. My head's still a mess, and I get tired at weird hours. I'm trying to convert prices into euros, even though they're already euros, and when I want to call somebody, I try to figure out the time, even though we're in the same time zone now. Leaving Portland was hard, I cried more than once. Now I'm sort of in denial about it; I refuse to let myself think about it. I'm here, but I don't wanna acknowledge that fact. I start thinking about Portland, and I feel like I could catch a bus and a MAX downtown anytime, and remembering that I can't do that right now, is too much. I'm still more in Portland than I am here.
Slowly getting on my feet... I'll get back to you :)
-i
| Rocky Mountains! |
The blizzard wasn't the reason I was late, though. Due to my flight schedule change from a non-stop flight from PDX to Amsterdam to PDX-Minneapolis-Amsterdam, I already had a longer return time, BUT, as it turned out, I was about to be traveling a bit longer still... To make a long story short, I got stuck in Minneapolis for 3 extra hours, because there was something wrong with our plane. They had another plane for us, and during the preparation of that one, Delta Airlines gave 50-dollar vouchers to all the passengers on that flight. I spent mine on a duty-free store, and headed for the purses (d'oh). All the handbags were a little out of my price range, but I did get myself something nice ;)
![]() |
| Minneapolis! |
I'm here, but not quite here yet, if you know what I mean. My head's still a mess, and I get tired at weird hours. I'm trying to convert prices into euros, even though they're already euros, and when I want to call somebody, I try to figure out the time, even though we're in the same time zone now. Leaving Portland was hard, I cried more than once. Now I'm sort of in denial about it; I refuse to let myself think about it. I'm here, but I don't wanna acknowledge that fact. I start thinking about Portland, and I feel like I could catch a bus and a MAX downtown anytime, and remembering that I can't do that right now, is too much. I'm still more in Portland than I am here.
Slowly getting on my feet... I'll get back to you :)
-i


No comments:
Post a Comment