So I'm sitting on my couch with my laptop and writing and I'm thinking that maybe one day I'll be a published writer. That's my firm goal. It doesn't have to happen today, because I believe that being a writer doesn't have anything to do with being published. And then I realize I'll never get published if I just sit around dreaming about it... I have to take actions to set things in motion. So I did. I signed up for a Professional Freelance Journalism Course arranged by British College of Journalism. Google it. I'll start November 21st and the course lasts from 12-24 weeks, then I get my diploma. This course has the best guarantees! They promise you'll get your name in print. Now please don't misunderstand me, I'm not all about getting published -I'm all about making my dream of twelve freaking years to come true and make writing my career! If you don't earn the course money back in a certain time, the College will pay you the difference. I actually found out about this course over a year ago, but being a chicken I didn't act on it until now. I won't lie to you -I'm a bit scared. But it's a challenge that I welcome.
How many people out there are actually doing something they really, truly want to be doing? I'm guessing not that many. The common consensus seems to be "as long as it pays the bills". Right now that's what I think of my job... luckily my current job can actually be fun :) Sometimes. But I hope that after the course I get to count myself into the group of people who do what they love and get paid for it.
Just go with it! <3
Yaaaaay! C.O.N.G.R.A.T.U.L.A.T.I.O.N.S. You are such a truly talented & gifted writer and good to see you going after your dreams! You are absolutely right about many people merely collecting a paycheck and not doing what they love. Feels good not to be counted amongst them right? Good for you!!! Truly inspiring post. :)
ReplyDeleteaww thank you:)) your opinion means a lot since you're an awesome writer yourself!! I'm always waiting for new updates on your blog!! <3
ReplyDelete