There's one other love in my life besides writing. Drawing. A hobby I've been neglecting for way too long (two years to be exact). I used to draw all the time and I was actually good at it. Then I started to use the familiar excuse not to draw: I don't have time. I did have time, I just lacked motivation. That's the reason making drawing a profession has never even occurred to me; I draw when I want to, not when I'm told, and that's also the reason why I hated art classes at school.
I've been wanting to draw lately again, and today I finally took my pencils and sketch pad and did it :) I had forgotten how much I loved it.
This is far from my best work, but after two years I'm pretty satisfied with it. I'm still having difficulties with the hair and with the nose, and usually with the lips as well, but this time I'm happy with the lips. The eyes have always been my strongest area. The other eye looks a bit weird in the picture, but in reality it's better.. take my word for it ;)
Hope I get some more work done! I have no idea how I've lived without drawing for the past two years.

No comments:
Post a Comment