February 04, 2012

The Power of Imagination

About two years ago, give or take a couple of months, I came up with an idea for a fantasy novel. Unlike other times when I had something exciting to write about, I didn't start to write down this one. Instead the idea kept growing in my head, changing into something very different from what it was in the beginning. Sometimes I would write down a particular scene just to see what could happen, but other than that I have very little notes on this.

Whenever I heard an author say he/she had been working on an idea for several years, it struck me as unbelievable. How hard can it be to write a story? You get the idea and you put it on paper. 

If only it would be so simple...

I can't begin to tell you how happy I am, that I still, after two years, have not written the story that's in my head. It plays on my mind like a movie and not a day goes by that I don't think about it. Sometimes it can be a few weeks that I don't do anything about it, but mostly I keep on developing it. I try to figure out the situations, relationships... I'm still not finished with it. Almost, but not quite. 

Someday I will write it. It might take me another two years, but so what? My goal isn't to get it published. I just want to have the patience to work on something for this long and see through it. I would also love to get some peace of mind, because I know this one will haunt me until it's over and done with. 

I really have to get the Office thing for my MacBook Pro, because Texturi is... just terrible. 

xxo

No comments:

Post a Comment