Oh my... Yet another successful Oscar night is behind and you, my readers, are in for a thorough post about... well, everything.
Let's start with the Red Carpet.
White was the color that was seen on many stars, like J.Lo, Rooney Mara, Gwyneth Paltrow and my absolute favorite, Octavia Spencer.
This Tadashi Shoji dress is -in the lack of a better word- fabulous, and she carries it beautifully. She looks classy and proves that a woman doesn't have to be a size zero to rock the show. Congrats to O.S!
I really liked Paltrow's dress, but what's with the ponytail?! Not only does it look weird, I think it's too much an everyday-look to wear to the biggest Hollywood event of the year.
Angelina Jolie's dress looks heavy and her poses strike me as odd... Some say she might have been trying to cover her alarmingly thin figure with this creation, but who knows? Loved her make-up and hair.
My personal favorites (dress-wise) include Octavia Spencer (above), Sandra Bullock, Milla Jojovich, Meryl Streep and Jessica Chastain.
When it comes to flops... I wasn't that into Shailene Woodley's choise of dress, nor was I crazy about Viola Davis's look. I think she looks better with the black hair (was it a wig?) and maybe the dress wasn't the right color of green for her. Please note that these are all my personal opinions.
Now let's move on to the actual Awards Show.
This year the original host was supposed to be Eddie Murphy, but instead we had to make due with Billy Crystal. He was only OK, I think. I fondly look back to when Ellen DeGeneres was the hostess and did a great job. Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin weren't as funny as they could have been, but I still enjoyed watching them. Anne Hathaway and James Franco... well, I shouldn't say anything (BORING!). Billy Crystal was OK. Only OK. All in all he did a steady performance throughout the show.
In my previous post I promised a full list of winners, including my own bets, so here we go... I did better than last year, when I guessed eight winners. This year I guessed nine. LOL.
BEST MOTION PICTURE OF THE YEAR
The Artist
My bet: The Artist
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
Jean Dujardin for The Artist
My bet: George Clooney for The Descendants
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
Meryl Streep for The Iron Lady
My bet: Meryl Streep for The Iron Lady
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
Christopher Plummer for Beginners
My bet: Kenneth Branagh for My Week With Marilyn
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
Octavia Spencer for The Help
My bet: Octavia Spencer for The Help
BEST ACHIEVEMENT IN DIRECTING
Michel Hazanavicius for The Artist
My bet: Michel Hazanavicius for The Artist
BEST WRITING, SCREENPLAY BASED ON MATERIAL PREVIOUSLY PRODUCED OR PUBLISHED
The Descendants
My bet: Moneyball
BEST WRITING, SCREENPLAY WRITTEN DIRECTLY FOR THE SCREEN
Midnight in Paris
My bet: Midnight in Paris
BEST ANIMATED FEATURE FILM OF THE YEAR
Rango
My bet: Kung Fu Panda 2
BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM OF THE YEAR
A Separation
My bet: Footnote
BEST ACHIEVEMENT IN CINEMATOGRAPHY
Hugo
My bet: The Tree of Life
BEST ACHIEVEMENT IN EDITING
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
My bet: The Artist
BEST ACHIEVEMENT IN ART DIRECTION
Hugo
My bet: Hugo
BEST ACHIEVEMENT IN COSTUME DESIGN
The Artist
My bet: The Artist
BEST ACHIEVEMENT IN MAKEUP
The Iron Lady
My bet: The Iron Lady
BEST ACHIEVEMENT IN MUSIC WRITTEN FOR MOTION PICTURES, ORIGINAL SCORE
The Artist
My bet: War Horse
BEST ACHIEVEMENT IN MUSIC WRITTEN FOR MOTION PICTURES, ORIGINAL SONG
The Muppets
My bet: Rio
BEST ACHIEVEMENT IN SOUND MIXING
Hugo
My bet: Hugo
BEST ACHIEVEMENT IN SOUND EDITING
Hugo
My bet: Transformers: Dark of the Moon
BEST ACHIEVEMENT IN VISUAL EFFECTS
Hugo
My bet: Transformers: Dark of the Moon
BEST DOCUMENTARY, FEATURES
Undefeated
My bet: Hell and Back Again
BEST DOCUMENTARY, SHORT SUBJECTS
Saving Face
My bet: Movement
BEST SHORT FILM, ANIMATED
The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore
My bet: Wild Life
BEST SHORT FILM, LIVE ACTION
The Shore
My bet: Pentecost
I can't say I agree with the Academy when it comes to Cinematography. That one should have gone to The Tree of Life. And Transformers should have gotten some recognition for its amazing visual effects.
But for your sake, I'm done now. Probably the longest post I've ever done. Thanks for your patience (if in fact you read all of it.)
xxo



No comments:
Post a Comment