I flew to Portland a week ago but until today I hadn't had the chance to actually see Portland. It's been a week, but it feels like forever. I've done so much stuff and experienced new things. I'm constantly on the move. Today that took its toll, too. After a week of walking around (and working) in the wrong kind of shoes, in the heat, my ankles are swollen. Not nice. So, tomorrow I'm staying put. We're going out to dinner tomorrow, but that'll be it for me. I'm going to get some well earned rest! I'll have Monday off, too, so maybe then I'll find a shoe store and get myself a good pair of sensible shoes.
| Man, I love the malls here. This is Pioneer Place. |
We went to IHOP, of course, and after that we did a little shopping. And the funniest thing; I saw the first Walmart here today! It's so weird, that in the East Coast you can see a Walmart practically in every corner, but here it's like a curse word. This Walmart didn't even say 'Walmart' on the front, it just had this blue canvas with the logo and the words 'We're open". In a very small print in the down corner it said 'Walmart'. But omg, how they hate that place here! I was aware of that little fact before I arrived, and thought I'd have to sneak into one in the darkness of the night. I probably will at some point :P
Have a nice weekend everyone!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment