September 06, 2012

Me so happy!

I feel like it's been forever since I posted here, and it's only been like two days?? I'm not jet lagged anymore but a bit confused with the times.. It's like I'm trying to live both local and Finnish time. Sometimes the East Coast time, too, when I try to figure out what my friends there are doing at this minute. My brain is so over-loaded!! 

I have been enjoying myself a lot, though. I'm having fun at work and on my spare time. Work can be quite boring this week since it's just cleaning, but the staff is great. Everyone's funny and we're comfortable with each other, teasing each other and just having fun. That's what I love about Americans; they're instantly so welcoming, warm and open. It makes things so much easier for me. 

Today there was a humming bird at work! Poor little thing couldn't find his way back out. Maybe eventually, I don't know. I felt sorry for it, but at the same time I was pretty awestruck because we don't have humming birds in Finland and seeing one is always very exciting and exotic for me :D 

Downtown Portland. Snapped this one when I was getting my American phone. If you're reading this and you're not my Facebook-friend but want my number, let me know by email or something! 

Today I've been enjoying the company of my room mates. We've had such a fun time; we had dinner and now we're sitting by the dining table, each of us either on their laptops or phones. We're talking and listening to music. Loving this :)

I'll get back to you later!

-i

HUOM! Suomalaiset, anteeksi suomenkielen puute. Muistan kyllä lupaukseni kirjottaa enemmän postauksia suomeks, mutta tällä hetkellä on pää niin sekasin kaikesta muusta, että kahella kielellä kirjottaminen ei ihan luonnistu vaivattomasti, ja aivot on enkku-modella. Mulle on vaan helpompi kirjottaa enkuks. Toivottavasti edes jonkin verran ymmärrätte, yritän kyllä jossain vaiheessa palata kirjottelemaan myös suomeksi! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment