February 28, 2011

And The Oscar Goes To...

My friends and I have a tradition to watch the Academy Awards every year, even though because of the time difference it means we have to stay up all night and get to go to sleep at 7am. So last night we printed out sheets from IMDB with all the nominees and marked down our own guesses of who's going to win. There were a few obvious winners, like Colin Firth for Best Actor and Natalie Portman for Best Actress, and when has a Pixar Film NOT won the Best Animated Feature?! It's also interesting to read the headlines about Melissa Leo dropping the F-Bomb in her speech...

I can't really remember any bad hosts in the past years, but this year James Franco hit the bottom. I mean come ON! Yeah, maybe he was nervous about his own nomination and hosting for the first time and all that, but how 'bout a little smile every once in blue moon? How 'bout loosing up a bit? He seemed a little arrogant, bored (how's that even possible is beyond me) and stiff. His co-host Anne Hathaway did a great job, though. She was relaxed and happy and funny, and her dresses (all billion of them) were pretty except for that weird blue thing that looked like a space costume. She must have had a very good hair dresser as well for her hair was different every time she stepped onto the stage.

All in all it was entertaining as always to watch and can't wait for next year's Oscars! Maybe then I'll guess more than 8 winners beforehand... Last year I guessed 14 so I guess James Franco isn't the only one to hit the bottom this year ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment