June 30, 2012

W is for WORLD

We have come a long way since people thought the Earth was flat. 

Now you can be anywhere in the world, and your family and friends are only a phone call away. You can even contact them via internet and see them while you're talking. 50 years ago, who would have thought? You don't even have to go that far back.

The world is getting smaller as we speak. More doors open to us. More opportunities.



I recently talked to someone who said she'll never ever travel again. She had made the decision voluntarily, not because she was forced to by anything. I'll be honest, I can't remember the reasons she told me, because I was too shocked that she would make a decision like that in the first place. That anyone would. Why wouldn't people want to see what this world has to offer? Why wouldn't they be open to widen their horizons? 

I understand that some aren't able to do much because of limited resources. The financial situation isn't great anywhere now. And trust me, I know what it's like to stretch every penny. I can't even afford my rent right now. And I'm not kidding. But I also know that when there's a will, there's a way. 

When you have a passion for something, it's hard to understand the point of view of those, who do not share your passion. I cannot understand people who don't want to get out there, but I respect their decisions. It's their life. 

My life would be empty without a getaway every once in a while. 

This fall couldn't come soon enough.


2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love your intro...pulled me right in! I put your blog on my blog as one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete