March 20, 2012

The Land of the Midnight Sun

Spring is coming! Even this up north :) We now have 12 hours and 15 minutes of day light and it keeps getting lighter for the next 3 months. By then the sun will rise around 3.40am and set around 11pm. Even after the sunset it won't get dark. 

There's something magical about the summers here. It's such a short period of time and everyone enjoys every last bit of it. We're full of energy, even though the constant light messes up with our sleep (yay for sleeping masks!)

I was looking at some old photos from ten years ago, and realized how much I miss the summer times when I still had summer vacations, when I only had to worry about going back to school in the fall. Summers were our best time. We ran around the neighborhood with other kids and came back home (reluctantly) only when we absolutely had to (when mom was yelling that it was time to come inside). When I was little, it was hard to understand why we had to go to bed when the sun was still up.

After looking at the old photos I promised myself I would visit my favorite childhood places this coming summer. I will make a day (or a week) of it and make sure I have my camera with me. A post will follow :)

xxo 


1 comment: