May 03, 2012

genetics

I've always been told I'm just like my mother. I look like her, and I "take after" her. I have her eyes, nose, ears, legs... On the outside I'm just like her. I have her smile, but my dad's lips. I have my dad's chin, hands, curls and big feet. And I have his personality. Mostly, anyway. I've surprised myself by finding more and more similarities between me and my dad. I have 50% of his genes, but that's always been just... genes. I guess now there's more. Well, all of that has always been there, but I just haven't paid any attention to it. 

We both prefer cool weather. 
We both like to keep to ourselves. 
We're quiet. And we're not uncomfortable when it's quiet.
We look at each other and roll our eyes at the exact same moment when something crazy happens. 

I'm an even mix of my parents. Artistic on both sides. Temper on both sides. Crazy and messed up on both sides ;) 

Adventurous. 

You know that saying, "I shook my family tree and a bunch of nuts fell out."? 
Well, that applies to us. 
And we're cool with that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment