When I was still at school, studying to become a baker, we had an English-day. We were only allowed to speak English and our teacher handed out recipes in English. Mostly American style. Brownies, cupcakes etc. Me and my partner picked up the recipe of Peanut butter Brownies.
![]() |
| This is how they turned out. Yummy!! |
I haven't actually met that many Finnish people who like peanut butter. But, as it turned out, my teacher did. I had the mixing bowl in my hand, and I was about to take it with the other dishes, but then I asked my teacher if she wanted to scrape some peanut butter batter with me before I washed it. She grabbed a spoon and joined me. Then she told me she had once tasted some peanut butter chocolate thing, "it was in an orange wrapper, Reese's something", she said. "REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS!" I laughed. Then I told her they sell them here in Finland, too. I made her day. Yay! We had so much fun. Yes, you can have fun with your teachers, they're surprisingly cool people.
I had my very first peanut butter & jelly sandwich four years ago, and a couple of weeks ago I had my first in four years. I like them, but I've just never gotten around to buying peanut butter and jelly. Or bread, for that matter. Now I have a Peter Pan -jar of peanut butter in my kitchen. When I didn't feel like having a sandwich, I dipped a piece of chocolate in it. Ah!
Ok, I realize I have babbled on about peanut butter wayyyyy too long, and it's kinda lame. Or not. Peanut butter's gooooood. I should bake something out of it...

Yammy, peanut butter... I love peanut butter, and reese's peanut butter cups <3
ReplyDelete