August 11, 2012

Let me paint you a little picture...

Today I watched a movie, that I liked, but wouldn't admit to anyone I actually watched it. It's one of those teenage movies that you don't really need your brain for. 
I'm not going to tell you the title of the movie, but here's a quote that I loved:

"Artists feel things differently than regular people. Artists can be emotional and make the audience feel what they're feeling, and that's what it's all about."

If you recognize the movie, let me know. 

That's so right, though, isn't it? I've always been careful about calling myself an artist, but after really thinking about it, I can honestly say that I am. It may not be obvious. You might really have to dig deep to see it, but that's what I've always been. 
I've been told that I got my artistic abilities from my grandmother (mom's side). It's a shame I never got to know her. She died when I was three years old. I only have one memory of her. We're sitting at her kitchen table, me, my mom and my grandma, and she smiles at me. She's wearing a blue gown. Possibly a dress or a night gown, I don't know. 

I've been told she was musical and that she could sing. And when she was given a pen and paper, she did an amazing job drawing. I got the latter, but I've been neglecting it for a long time. Sometimes when people expect you to do something that you're naturally good at, you lose the will to do it. I never wanted to make drawing a career, it was just a hobby for me. 
Now, if I can only find the time, I think I'm ready to start over. I will never turn it into a job. It will always be a way to pass time, and a form of therapy for me. Can't afford a shrink ;)


Not my best by far, not to mention it's been so many years since I drew that, I can't even remember. Which only shows, that I have spent too much time doing other stuff besides drawing. I'd like to get back to it. 

Don't forget the poll! You still have time to vote!

-I

2 comments:

  1. Oh that drawing is gorgeous! Very interesting, mysterious...

    If you could publish some more of these, that'd be great ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the problem.. I don't really have what to publish :/ But thank you. I will try to work on drawing more!

      Delete