August 01, 2012

We howled at the moon hoping no one would howl back

One of my best friends visited me last night. We wanted to watch a scary movie, and landed on Scream. I know... not exactly a scary one unless you're twelve, but still. After the movie we went swimming. It was already midnight, and now that it's starting to get dark at night again, we were kinda jumpy. But it was perfect!
Last night no one else had thought of a night swim, so it was just the two of us. We walked at the end of the pier. It was silent and peaceful, and not completely dark because of the beautiful moon! But dark enough for us to be a little scared of being butchered by a psycho hiding in the woods. 
I hadn't gone swimming yet this year. The last time was last summer in Ocean City, MD. I had to try the water first with my toes, but that's all I did before me and my friend took each other's hands and jumped right in, with our clothes on. 

Hands down, one of the best nights this summer so far. With all its simplicity, we had a great time :)

Today another good friend of mine is coming over for a movie marathon. 
Or, to be more exact, scary movie marathon. 
No late night swims tonight! 

xxo

No comments:

Post a Comment