October 21, 2012

Good things come in pink boxes

Today was a day when I woke up and cried. It was time for my room mate to go back to Germany. Her flight left from Portland at 7 am, and suddenly I was alone. With my host(mom) out of town, I have the house all to myself, and it's weird.
Now only my stuff is taking space by the sink in the bathroom. They're neatly organized on my side. The other side is empty. Maybe I should spread my things more.

Yesterday we had a little going-away party for S. We went out to dinner and after that a few of us gathered at our house for a sugar-filled after party.

We ordered a Party Platter from Voodoo Doughnuts. This is so funny... I still have left overs. 
We watched a movie called Idiocracy, I'd never heard about it before, but it was hilarious!
After our guests left, S gave me a present.

I'd been admiring this painting at the Made in Oregon -store, and told S that I would buy it if I had the money at the end of my trip. And now she got it for me. I love it!!!! Thank you, S <33

Something's definitely missing now that she's not here anymore. But today wasn't a goodbye, it was just a see-you-later.
Way later, though :/
Fortunately, there are cheap flights from Finland to Germany.


No comments:

Post a Comment