October 26, 2012

Maybe not a professional, but on my way!

When does one have a right to call themselves a writer?

I'm not a published writer, but I still think of myself as a writer. 
Whenever I watch movies, I can't help but think of how I would write some particular scene. I'm not even kidding, I do it all the time, and it's actually quite entertaining. 
I feel like I think like a writer does. 
When I read a book, I fold the pages that have chapters/sentences/phrases/dialogues/monologues/anything that I feel like will be useful to me later. I'm not talking about copying someone else's work, because that's about as unethical as you can get, but learning from the people who have already achieved the goal that I've set for myself: they've published a book. 

Recently I bought a notebook from Powell's (you can find a pic on the post 'I Heart Powell's') and I've turned it into a planning-book for the project that I've been working on for the past few years. That's me, organizing my thoughts on paper for the first time. I am absolutely stoked and so excited to see what will become of it. So far I've explained the plot in about 10 pages, and I'm not finished yet. 
And this is me, a person who becomes overjoyed about a notebook.

Guess I am a writer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment