This weekend has been a mix of everything.
Two of my friends moved to Turku, a city in Southern Finland a while ago and they had their housewarming party, so on Friday I along with a couple of other friends took off toward Turku.
For those of you who do not know, Turku has a certain not-so-nice reputation. I don't know why, but it does, and we made jokes about it all the time. No offense to those who live there, they were just jokes :)
The weather changed for the worse as we approached the city...
It was wonderful seeing my friends again!! I love them so much :) One of them was my next door neighbor and I'd really missed her a lot. As the first night just kept stretching, we got more tired and restless and made even more jokes that were hilarious at the time, but too lame to be explained here.
A surprise we made for the early birds. What can I say... we're just awesome when we're sleep deprived.
It wasn't all a bed of roses, though. They have two cats and it turned out I'm seriously allergic to them. I didn't expect it, since I have a cat of my own and I can be around him just fine. But these cats gave me a bad reaction... I ended up in the ER and got an adrenalin shot and a cortisone drop for an hour. Couldn't really breathe. Sounds more serious than it was, but anyways. We blamed Turku for it.
I still can't take very deep breaths, but I'll be as good as new in a few days. Now that I have a good reason to just chill for tonight, I went and got myself the ultimate treat: Ben & Jerry's.
Have a great Sunday!



oli kiva nähdä pitkästä aikaa! (:
ReplyDeleteI've heard good things about Ben & Jerry's ice cream!
ReplyDeleteit is delicious ;) you're telling me you've never had any?
Delete